- There is established a District of Columbia Homeland Security Commission, which shall consist of 7 persons with expertise in security, transportation, communication, chemical safety, risk assessment, terrorism (including bioterrorism), or occupational safety and health.
- (1) Commission members shall be nominated by the Mayor and confirmed by the Council for terms of 3 years, in accordance with § 1-523.01(e).
- The Mayor shall establish through rulemaking that Commission members shall be subject to pre-nomination inquiries and security-clearance requirements.
- The terms of the members first appointed shall begin on the date a majority of the first members are sworn in, which shall become the anniversary date for all subsequent appointments.
- Commission member's terms shall be staggered so that either 4 positions or 3 positions will expire on the year's anniversary date.
- Members shall receive no salary for their service on the Commission but shall be reimbursed for administrative costs associated with membership.
- The Agency shall provide staff to the Commission.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-262, see notes following § 7-2271.01.
DC CODE § 7-2271.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 14, 2007, D.C. Law 16-262, § 202, 54 DCR 794.)