- The Commission shall:
- Gather and evaluate information on the status of homeland security in the District of Columbia;
- Measure progress and gaps in homeland security preparedness;
- Recommend security improvement priorities in consultation with major public and private entities; and
- Advise the District of Columbia government on the Homeland Security Program.
- The Director may submit to the Commission and the Commission may request from the Director for periodic review, after-action reports on District of Columbia and other governmental homeland security exercises, assessments of regional homeland security efforts, and other documents relevant to the Commission's responsibilities.
- The Commission, in consultation with the Director, shall use any information collected under this subchapter to make recommendations for improvements in security and preparedness.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-262, see notes following § 7-2271.01.
DC CODE § 7-2271.03
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 14, 2007, D.C. Law 16-262, § 203, 54 DCR 794.)