- No license shall be issued pursuant to this chapter to any emergency medical response vehicle used to transport patients unless there is, at all times in force and effect, insurance coverage for the vehicle, issued by an insurance company or companies licensed to do business in the District, providing for the payment of damages for the following:
- Bodily injury to, or death of, individuals in accidents resulting from any cause for which the owner of the vehicle would be liable, regardless of whether the vehicle was being operated by the owner or by his or her agent; and
- Loss of, or damage to, the property of another, including personal property, under similar circumstances.
- No certification shall be issued pursuant to this chapter to any emergency medical services training facility, on the premises of which training instruction or evaluation is conducted, unless there is, at all times in force and effect, insurance coverage for the facility premises, issued by an insurance company or companies licensed to do business in the District, providing for the payment of damages for bodily injury, death, and damage to or loss of personal property, for any reason for which the owner or operator of the premises would be liable.
- No license shall be issued pursuant to this chapter to any emergency medical services agency unless there is, in addition to vehicle and premises coverage as specified herein, at all times in force and effect, incidental malpractice insurance coverage specific to the duties of a medical director.
- The provisions of this section shall not apply to vehicles, facilities, and agencies owned and operated by agencies of the District government.
- The Mayor shall promulgate rules further specifying the insurance to be required of all vehicles, facilities, and agencies licensed or certified pursuant to this chapter.
- The cancellation or other termination of any insurance policy required pursuant to this section shall be grounds for immediate termination of the licenses or certifications issued for the vehicles, facilities, and agencies covered by the policy, unless another insurance policy complying with the provisions of this section has been obtained and is in effect at the time of the cancellation or termination.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-357, see notes following § 7-2341.01.
DC CODE § 7-2341.09
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 25, 2009, D.C. Law 17-357, § 10, 56 DCR 1167.)