- There is established the Access to Recovery Voucher Program ("ATR"), which shall be administered by APRA. The purpose of ATR shall be to provide District residents with access to culturally sensitive substance-abuse treatment and recovery-support services for the duration of the 3-year federal Access to Recovery grant awarded to APRA and to serve as an addition and complement to the Choice in Drug Treatment Program, established by § 7-3003.
- The duty of APRA to administer ATR shall include:
- Community outreach and education;
- Collaborating with federal and local agencies in regard to individuals returning to the community after being incarcerated who require substance-abuse treatment or recovery-support services; and
- Ensuring that ATR achieves the projected target of serving over 11,000 individuals.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-219, see notes following § 7-651.17.
Short title: Section 5001 of D.C. Law 17-219 provided that subtitle A of title V of the act may be cited as the "Choice in Drug Treatment Amendment Act of 2008".
DC CODE § 7-3003.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(July 18, 2000, D.C. Law 13-146, § 4a, as added Aug. 16, 2008, D.C. Law 17-219, § 5002(a), 55 DCR 7598.)