- The Mayor may grant an economic hardship waiver from the requirements of this subchapter; provided, that prior to the granting of a waiver, the applicant establishes, to the satisfaction of the Mayor, that compliance with the requirements of this subchapter has caused or will cause undue financial hardship. An economic hardship waiver shall be based on regulations issued in accordance with § 7-747.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, places of employment and public places where smoking is permitted pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall:
- Have been in existence on or before January 1, 2007;
- Not permit smoking in an area that exceeds 25% of the total area, if the place of employment or public place is a restaurant as defined in § 25-101; and
- Be subject to conditions or restrictions as may be necessary to minimize the adverse effects of smoking and shall be consistent with the general purpose of this subchapter.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-90, see notes following § 7-741.
DC CODE § 7-745
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 3, 2001, D.C. Law 14-28, § 4919, as added Apr. 4, 2006, D.C. Law 16-90, § 2(b), 53 DCR 1087.)