Individuals eligible for the Program must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- Be a physician, dentist, or other health professional as defined in § 7- 751.01;
- Be licensed or eligible to practice in the District of Columbia;
- Submit a completed application to participate in the Program; and
- Have no other obligation for health professional service to the federal, state, or District government, unless such obligation will be completely satisfied prior to the beginning of service under the Program.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-219, in subsec. (a), inserted "or permanent resident".
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-71, see notes following § 7-751.01.
For Law 17-219, see notes following § 7-651.17.
DC CODE § 7-751.04
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 8, 2006, D.C. Law 16-71, § 5, 53 DCR 61; Aug. 16, 2008, D.C. Law 17-219, § 5033(b), 55 DCR 7598.)