- Applicants shall be competitively reviewed and selected for participation in the Program based upon the following criteria:
- Professional qualifications and relevant experience, including board eligibility or certification in his or her specialty, professional achievements, and other indicators of competency received from supervisors, department chairs, and program directors; and
- A demonstrated commitment to serve in a HPSA or MUA.
- Preferential consideration will be given to:
- Residents of the District of Columbia;
- Graduates of accredited District of Columbia health professions schools or program;
- Residents of a HPSA or MUA within the District of Columbia;
- Applicants that are immediately eligible and available for service;
- Applicants that commit to longer periods of service;
- Applicants whose service obligation site is also a qualified Medical Homes DC provider;
- Applicants who are fluent in Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, or Amharic; and
- Applicants who have experience at a community-based primary care facility or attended a community-based health profession educational institution.
- For applicants practicing at a service obligation site at the time of application to the Program, preferential consideration shall be given to those individuals who have less than 3 years of employment at the facility.
Historical and Statutory
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-219, in subsec. (b), deleted "and" from the end of par. (5), substituted a semicolon for a period at the end of par. (6), and added pars. (7) and (8).
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-71, see notes following § 7-751.01.
For Law 17-219, see notes following § 7-651.17.
DC CODE § 7-751.06
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 8, 2006, D.C. Law 16-71, § 7, 53 DCR 61; Aug. 16, 2008, D.C. Law 17-219, § 5033(c), 55 DCR 7598.)