The Department shall:
- Maximize the well-being and quality of life for eligible low-income individuals and other populations through the provision of leadership and direction in administering responsive, effective, and efficient health-care benefits;
- Develop a comprehensive, efficient, and cost-effective health-care system for the District's uninsured, under-insured, and low-income residents;
- Develop eligibility, service coverage, and service delivery and reimbursement policies for the District's health-care-financing programs that ensure improved access and efficient delivery of service;
- Ensure that District health-care programs maximize available federal financial assistance; and
- Support the health-care policy, delivery, and access initiatives of the Department of Health and other District agencies through sound health-care financing.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 17-109, see notes following § 7-771.01.
DC CODE § 7-771.03
Current through December 11, 2012
(Feb. 27, 2008, D.C. Law 17-109, § 4, 55 DCR 216.)