- Applications for solid waste facility permits and permit modifications shall be submitted to the Mayor in the form prescribed by regulation and shall include all information as the Mayor may reasonably require.
- The application fees for permits to operate solid waste facilities shall be as follows:
- Initial permit -- $10,000;
- Renewal permit -- $9,000; and
- Modification permit for substantial alterations -- $1,000.
- The payment under subsection (b)(1) of this section shall be waived if already paid pursuant to § 8-1053(b)(2).
- If the Mayor denies the issuance of a solid waste facility permit pursuant to § 8-1053(e), $9,000 shall be refunded to the applicant.
- The Mayor may, by rulemaking, revise the application fees as necessary to recover the administrative costs associated with the review of applications for solid waste facility permits and interim operating permits, the review of annual reports, the inspection of facilities, and all other activities associated with the administration and enforcement of this subchapter. Subject to the enactment of appropriations, solid waste facility application fees shall be used to offset the cost of reviewing and processing solid waste facility applications and monitoring facility compliance with the requirements of this subchapter and the terms and conditions of the solid waste facility permit.
- Any license issued pursuant to this section shall be issued as an Environmental Materials endorsement to a basic business license under the basic business license system as set forth in subchapter I-A of Chapter 28 of Title 47.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 6-3454.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 15-38, in subsec. (f), substituted "an Environmental Materials endorsement to a basic business license under the basic" for "a Class A Environmental Services endorsement to a master business license under the master".
D.C. Law 15-354, in subsec. (f), validated a previously made technical correction.
Emergency Act Amendments
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 3(l)(2) of Streamlining Regulation Emergency Act of 2003 (D.C. Act 15-145, August 11, 2003, 50 DCR 6896).
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 11-94, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 8-1051.
For legislative history of D.C. Law 11-255, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 8-1015.
For legislative history of D.C. Law 12-261, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 8-1053.
For Law 15-38, see notes following § 8-111.03.
For Law 15-354, see notes following § 8-103.06.
Temporary addition of subchapter: See Historical and Statutory Notes following § 8-1051.
DC CODE § 8-1054
Current through December 11, 2012
(Feb. 27, 1996, D.C. Law 11-94, § 5, 42 DCR 7172; Apr. 9, 1997, D.C. Law 11-255, § 16, 44 DCR 1271; Apr. 20, 1999, D.C. Law 12-261, § 2003(m)(2), 46 DCR 3142; Oct. 28, 2003, D.C. Law 15-38, § 3(l)(2), 50 DCR 6913; Apr. 13, 2005, D.C. Law 15-354, § 83(b), 52 DCR 2638.)