- The Mayor may require the licensing of any business and the certification of any individual who installs, removes, or tests underground storage tanks. The Mayor may, by rules issued in accordance with § 8-113.12, establish prerequisites for licensing and certification including minimum qualifications, proof of financial responsibility, application fees, and procedures.
- Any owner of an underground storage tank that contains a regulated substance shall register the tank with the Mayor on an annual basis pursuant to the rules issued and shall pay the required fee. A copy of the registration certificate shall be kept conspicuously displayed and available for inspection at any facility where the underground storage tank is located.
- The annual registration fee shall be:
- $500 for an initial registration and $200 for a renewal registration for a tank over 10,000 gallons; and
- $200 for an initial registration and $100 for a renewal registration for a tank of 10,000 gallons or under.
- The Mayor may adjust fees in accordance with rules issued pursuant to § 8-113.12 beginning 2 years after March 8, 1991.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 6-995.6.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 8-242, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 8-113.01.
For legislative history of D.C. Law 9-159, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 8-113.01.
DC CODE § 8-113.06
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 8, 1991, D.C. Law 8-242, § 7, 38 DCR 344; Sept. 29, 1992, D.C. Law 9-159, § 2(e), 39 DCR 5690.)