- Appropriate United States government agencies and District of Columbia government agencies may designate liaison representatives and assign employees, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the consultation on programs and plans for resource conservation, and in the preparation and coordination of local planning and programming for resource conservation.
- The Soil and Water Conservation District shall consult, cooperate, and the Mayor, upon the advice and recommendation of the Soil and Water Conservation District, may enter into agreements with adjacent local, state, regional, interstate, and United States government agencies to promote efficient resource conservation policies in implementing the purposes of this subchapter.
- The Soil and Water Conservation District shall fully inform the Mayor, the Council of the District of Columbia, and other appropriate local and regional agencies concerning the status and progress of the preparation of its resource conservation programs and plans and shall, upon request, provide the Mayor, the Council of the District of Columbia, and other appropriate agencies with reports, data, rules, orders, contracts, forms, and other documents.
- The Soil and Water Conservation District shall hold public hearings in connection with the preparation of the annual work plan and other major programs and shall give careful consideration to the views expressed in the hearings. The Soil and Water Conservation District shall keep the public informed concerning its programs, plans, and activities by hearings and other meetings as it deems appropriate.
- The Soil and Water Conservation District shall publish an annual report of its plans, programs, activities, budget, receipts, and expenditures and shall include therein descriptions of its official resource conservation program, the current annual program related thereto, and the status of all activities initiated under the program. It shall submit copies of each annual report to the Mayor and to the Council of the District of Columbia, and shall make copies of reports, summaries, and digests available to the appropriate agencies and to the general public.
- All actions of the Soil and Water Conservation District shall be in compliance with subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-2809.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 4-143, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 8-1701.
DC CODE § 8-1709
Current through December 11, 2012
(Sept. 14, 1982, D.C. Law 4-143, § 10, 29 DCR 3118.)