- The Mayor is authorized to establish dog parks on District-owned parkland in which a dog under the verbal command of a responsible adult may exercise off-leash.
- A dog park shall be completely enclosed by a fence and gate, both no less than 5 feet in height.
- The Mayor, pursuant to subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2, shall issue rules to implement the provisions of this section. The rules shall:
- Establish procedures for selecting a site for establishment of a dog park, which shall include notice to the public and an opportunity for public comment; and
- Establish procedures for the operation, maintenance, and use of a dog park, which shall include a process for enforcement of the rules and for monitoring and addressing health and environmental safety concerns.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 16-40, see notes following § 8-1801.
Delegation of Authority
Delegation of authority pursuant to D.C. Law 3-30, the Animal Control Act of 1979, as amended by D.C. Law 16-40, the Dog Park Establishment Act of 2005, see Mayor's Order 2007-53, February 7, 2007 (54 DCR 2428).
DC CODE § 8-1808.01
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 18, 1979, D.C. Law 3-30, § 9a, as added Dec. 10, 2005, D.C. Law 16- 40, § 2(c), 52 DCR 9087.)