- An owner, operator, or custodian of a horse engaged in the horse-drawn carriage trade shall not drive, use, or work a horse on a public street or byway in the District:
- During periods when the temperature exceeds 89 degrees Fahrenheit, as determined and announced by the National Weather Service;
- During periods when the temperature is below 25 degrees Fahrenheit, as determined and announced by the National Weather Service;
- During periods when it is snowing; or
- During other periods determined by the Mayor by rule as being dangerous or unsuitable.
- A horse in use at the time described in subsection (a) (1), (2), or (3) of this section, shall be immediately returned by its owner, operator, or custodian by the most direct route to a stable.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 6-1037.
Legislative History of Laws
For legislative history of D.C. Law 8-224, see Historical and Statutory Notes following § 8-2001.
DC CODE § 8-2007
Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 7, 1991, D.C. Law 8-224, § 8, 38 DCR 207.)