- No person shall:
- Cause or allow the open dumping of any tire;
- Cause or allow the open burning of any tire;
- Cause or allow the storage of any tire unless the owner or operator of the property where the tire is stored takes measures to prevent the tire from accumulating water by covering or altering the tire; or
- Cause or allow a tire to be used in playground equipment unless the tire is altered to prevent the accumulation of water.
- No person shall cause or allow standing water on property unless the person takes measures to prevent the breeding or harborage of vectors, including the following:
- Draining or replacing water frequently enough to prevent vector breeding;
- Keeping swimming pools and other open waters used for bathing or swimming sufficiently chlorinated to prevent vector larva from hatching;
- Covering water-bearing containers with fine netting to prevent access by vectors; or
- Applying larvicide to the standing water.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For Law 15-163, see notes following § 8-2131.01.
DC CODE § 8-2131.02
Current through December 11, 2012
(May 18, 2004, D.C. Law 15-163, § 3, 51 DCR 3683.)