The Mayor of the District of Columbia is authorized to use for street purposes all that part of the United States Soldiers' Home grounds designated as Parcel A, containing 57,613 square feet, and Parcel B containing 11,870 square feet, as shown on map filed in the Office of the Surveyor of the District of Columbia and numbered as Map 1429; and the proper authorities having title, control, or jurisdiction are authorized to make the necessary transfer of said parcels of land to the District of Columbia for street purposes.
Prior Codifications 1981 Ed., § 7-128. 1973 Ed., § 7-128. Change in Government This section originated at a time when local government powers were delegated to a Board of Commissioners of the District of Columbia (see Acts Relating to the Establishment of the District of Columbia and its Various Forms of Governmental Organization in Volume 1). Section 401 of Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1967 (see Reorganization Plans in Volume 1) transferred all of the functions of the Board of Commissioners under this section to a single Commissioner. The District of Columbia Self-Government and Governmental Reorganization Act, 87 Stat. 818, § 711 (D.C. Code, § 1-207.11), abolished the District of Columbia Council and the Office of Commissioner of the District of Columbia. These branches of government were replaced by the Council of the District of Columbia and the Office of Mayor of the District of Columbia, respectively. Accordingly, and also pursuant to § 714(a) of such Act (D.C. Code, § 1-207.14(a)), appropriate changes in terminology were made in this section. DC CODE § 9-105.02 Current through December 11, 2012
(Mar. 4, 1929, 45 Stat. 1543, ch. 682, § 2.)