- To assure uninterrupted progress in the development of the facilities authorized by the National Capital Transportation Act of 1965, the transfer of the functions and duties of the National Capital Transportation Agency (herein referred to as the Agency) to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (herein referred to as the Authority) as required by § 1-1408(b) shall take place on September 30, 1967.
- Upon the effective date of the transfer of functions and duties authorized by subsection (a) of this section, the President is authorized to transfer to the Authority such real and personal property, studies, reports, records, and other assets and liabilities as are appropriate in order that the Authority may assume the functions and duties of the Agency and, further, the President shall make provision for the transfer to the Authority of the unexpended balance of the appropriations, and of other funds, of the Agency for use by the Authority but such unexpended balances so transferred shall be used only for the purpose for which such appropriations were originally made. Subsequent to said effective date, there is authorized to be appropriated to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, for payment to the Authority, any unappropriated portion of the authorization specified in § 9-1105.02(1). There is also authorized to be appropriated to the District of Columbia out of the General Fund of the District of Columbia, for payment to the Authority, any unappropriated portion of the authorization specified in § 9-1105.02(2). Any such appropriations shall be used only for the purposes for which such authorizations were originally made.
- Pending the assumption by the Authority of the functions and duties of the Agency, the Agency is authorized and directed, in the manner herein set forth, fully to cooperate with and assist the Authority, the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission and the Washington Suburban Transit Commission in the development of plans for the extensions, new lines and related facilities required to expand the basic system authorized by the National Capital Transportation Act of 1965 into a regional system, but pending such transfer of functions and duties, nothing in this subchapter shall be construed to impair the performance by the Agency of the functions and duties imposed by the National Capital Transportation Act of 1965.
- In order to provide the cooperation and assistance specified in subsection (c) of this section, the Agency is authorized to perform, on a reimbursable basis, planning, engineering and such other services for the Authority, as the Authority may request, or to obtain such services by contract, but all such assistance and services shall be rendered in accordance with policy determinations made by the Authority and shall be advisory only.
- Amounts received by the Agency from the Authority as provided in subsection (d) of this section shall be available for expenditure by the Agency in performing services for the Authority.
Historical and Statutory
1981 Ed., § 1-2438.
1973 Ed., § 1433.
References in Text
"The National Capital Transportation Act of 1965," referred to in subsections (a) and (c) of this section, is the Act of September 8, 1965, 79 Stat. 663, Pub. L. 89-173.
former § 1-1408, referred to near the end of subsection (a) of this section, was repealed by the Act of December 9, 1969, 83 Stat. 322, Pub. L. 91-143, § 8(a)(1).
Transfer of Functions
Section 1(a)(3) of Reorganization Plan No. 2 of 1968, transferred the functions of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, set forth in subsection (b) of this section, to the Secretary of Transportation.
DC CODE § 9-1107.09
Current through December 11, 2012
(Nov. 6, 1966, 80 Stat. 1352, Pub. L. 89-774, § 3.)