- (1) Prior to the issuance of a Request for Proposals for the franchise agreement, and bases on consultation with the Council of the District of Columbia, the Mayor shall establish:
- Locations for the installation of 90 bus shelters with advertisements, 10 bus shelters without advertisements, and for the bus shelters owned by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority which must be moved to permit the franchisee to install the 90 new bus shelters with advertisements; and
- The sequence in which the bus shelters are to be installed.
- The selection of locations and the sequence for installation of bus shelters shall take into account, first, the various needs of the different areas of the District of Columbia for bus shelters, and second, the advertising market potential in these areas.
- In establishing the locations for the bus shelters the Mayor shall consult with the District of Columbia Department of Transportation, the Public Space Committee, the Commission of Fine Arts, the Pennsylvania Avenue Development Corporation, and the affected advisory Neighborhood Commissions, and any other groups which the Mayor believes appropriate.
- The Mayor shall consult with the Commission of Fine Arts on the design and location of all bus shelters located within the monuments area as defined in § 6-611.01.
(May 10, 1980, D.C. Law 3-67, § 4, 27 DCR 1266.)
DC CODE § 9-1153
Current through December 11, 2012