- The Department shall create a block party application and make it available for in-person pickup and through a Transportation Online Permitting System.
- (1) A District resident, 21 years or older, may submit a block party application and request a street closing for the purpose of holding a block party. The street closure shall:
- Not be greater than one block;
- Not last longer than 12 hours; and
- End by 10 p.m.
- All activity for a block party shall conclude by 10 p.m.
- The block party application shall:
- Be completed on the form provided by the Department;
- Identify the street name and cross streets of the block to be closed; and
- Include a list of at least 51% of the residents, owners, or businesses abutting the section of the street requested to be closed who have consented to the block party.
- The applicant shall submit a completed block party application to the Department either online or in person.
Historical and Statutory
Legislative History of Laws
For history of Law 19-190, see notes under § 9-631.
DC CODE § 9-632
Current through December 11, 2012
(Oct. 23, 2012, D.C. Law 19-190, § 3, 59 DCR 10163.)